Monday, June 6, 2011

Passed 70-515

As of today, I am certified for ASP.NET 4.0.

Learning from my previous experience, yesterday I drove to the test center and checked it out first. I don't understand why the same test center keeps moving from place to place! Every time I take an exam with them, they move. This time I ensure I know how to get there so everything was smooth. As usual, I was there an hour ahead and waiting outside for the time came.

There are 51 questions in total for 2.5 hours. I finished them about 1.75 hours. I am happy with my score. I could miss 1 or 2 questions. That's. My score is 970 out of 1000. The passing mark for this test is still at 700.

For some reason, I feel 4.0 is a lot easier than 3.5. But I am surprised to be tested by some jQuery questions. There were at least 4 questions in my test. Frankly, I don't find them related to ASP.NET. To me, it doesn't make any sense to have them in the test. jQuery is not mentioned in MS testing objective. Why am I being tested with jQuery syntax? Luckily I use jQuery and am able to answer them. Otherwise, it could be doomed. Besides MVC 2 and dynamic data stuff, I don't see any new stuff in the test. If you know 3.5 (including SP1) well and put some effort to learn more about MVC 2 and dynamic data, for sure you will be ready for the test.

Good luck to everyone who is preparing or going to take this test!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How did you prepare for the exam: which simulation test did you utilize towards your preparation, what books? It would be helpful.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only studied the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit. Inside, there is a simulation test. I also look up the detailed explanation from MSDN, especially for the ones I don't understand why they are the answers. While I am doing the simulation, I always ask what the objective of this question is. From my experience with the previous exams, most questions are modified from MSDN, except this time those questions related to jQuery/JavaScript validations.

    ReplyDelete